Award-Winning Blog Wins Again!
July 24, 2010 13 Comments
I received the Oh My Blog! award from Rikki at The Bookkeeper. She deservedly received this award herself, and was so kind to name my little self, as well as my good friends Carin B. from A Little Bookish and Zee from Notes from the North as new award holders.
Now, there are a few things I need to do in order to accept this award:
- Get really excited that you got the coolest award EVER!
- Choose ONE of the following options of accepting the OMB award:
(a) Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus.
(b) Write about your most embarrassing moment.
(c) Write a “Soundtrack of your childhood” post.
(d) Make your next blog a ‘vlog’/video blog. Basically, you’re talking to the camera about whatever.
(e) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, make up, etc) and post it.
- Pass the award on to at least three, but preferably more, awesome bloggers. Don’t forget to tell them.
So this is what I did:
Yes, I am excited! This is a very cool award. In fact, the coolest award EVER! ~ that should do it ~
I choose option (e). I never get drunk, so option (a) would result in disastrous consequences, possibly including the health of my laptop. My most embarrassing moment (option b), let me tell you, there have been some VERY embarrassing moments in my life, but I have chosen to forget them and while I remember feeling exceedingly embarrassed on occasion, I cannot for the life of me remember what exactly it entailed. The soundtrack (option c): I’m not much into music, although BeeGees and SaturdayNightFever should tell you enough about my youth, and vlogging (option d) is not my style either (yet), so this leaves me with no choice but to go with option e: a picture of myself first thing in the morning.
This was not as daunting as it may seem at first, given that Rikki also chose this option and produced a picture of a quite reasonable looking woman. Whether the same can be said for my own early-morning picture, I leave to you, my readers.
Now, for the bloggers who also deserve the Oh My Blog! award:
- Tes from Tes at Home who has the most delicious and inspiring Thai recipes on her blog.
- Amanda from Desert Book Chick for her great posts on improving blogs and for living in Alice Springs.
- Kristin from Peace, Love and Muesli for her thought-provoking posts on healthy eating (her thoughts are not always mine but that leads to interesting discussions).
I received the prestigious Versatile Blogger award from Zee at Zee’s Wordly Obsessions. It was the first time she got an award so I’m chuffed she chose me as one of the people to receive the award next! Thanks, Zee!
The rules for accepting this award are to pass it on to 15 other fabulous blogs that I have just discovered. I also have to link back to the person who gave me the award (as done above) and say 7 things about myself that you wouldn’t otherwise know…
Now, 15 blogs I find way too much. I think 3 blogs will do just fine. We have to keep this a distinctive award, don’t we?
Here are 7 things you may not know about me:
- Like many people, I would love to be a novelist. I used to write stories when I was young (and young-ish) however recently I have decided that I have no real talent, so I should leave writing well alone.
- I wrote my first poem at the age of 7, using a word (transl. “to seem”, Dutch: “blijken”) that I had only just learned. I was so proud of it. However, I don’t like poems much (to read or write) these days.
- I have a PhD in Experimental Psychology.
- I prefer reading to watching tv although I do like a good movie every now and then. And you can wake me up for Masterchef on the BBC!
- For a long time, I’ve been researching my family tree. For the last 2 years I’ve not done much about it, but I have a website full of ancestors that people like to browse.
- I am allergic to honey. It gives me stomach ache.
- I run a book group of friends and friends of friends which meets every 2 months at someone’s house.
I would like to pass the award on to:
- Charlotte from The Book on the Hill for her great features “French Friday” and “Book Blogging around the World”.
- Nicole from Endless Adventures in Reading, whom I’ve known on Shelfari for ages and I recently found her book blog!
- Daisy from Daisy’s Book Journal, who has such a lovely blog – and interesting books too!
I hope you’re all as chuffed as me for receiving an award. You deserve it!