Off the Shelf 2011 Challenge
December 12, 2010 19 Comments
Bookish Ardour is hosting the Off The Shelf Challenge. That’s my sort of challenge! Have you seen the unread books on my shelf? I’ve got… 30+!
Ok, you don’t find that much, you’ve got way more? Well, I think books are for reading and these 30 keep me awake at night, wondering when I will be able to read them. Then I get new books from the library, from giveaways or for reviews, and all is forgotten.
That’s right, I’ll be reading the new books and forget about my old loves.
So, no more of that. Here is the list of books that I own, haven’t read yet, and will read in 2011:
1. East is East by T. C. Boyle (Read Jan. 20st)
2. 2666 by Roberto Bolano
3. More Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin (DNF, April 28th, 2011)
4. Sweetie by Kathryn Magendie (ebook) (read Jan 25th, 2011)
5. Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination by Helen Fielding (read Jan 7th, 2011)
6. The Bostonians by Henry James (Read in APril, 2011)
7. Little Brother by Cory Doctorov (e-book) (DNF)
8. Measuring the World by Daniel Kehlmann (read April 16th, 2011)
9. 31 Hours by Masha Hamilton (read Jan 9th, 2011)
10. Asylum by Partick McGrath (read)
11. Kindred by Octivia E. Butler (read Jan 4th, 2011)
12. We by Evgeni Zamiatin (e-book)
13. What To Do If Someone Dies by Nicci French (read October 22, 2011)
14. Harvest by Tess Gerritsen (read Jan 2nd, 2011)
15. Life Support by Tess Gerritsen (read Jan 15th, 2011)
16. Life Sentence by David Ellis (DNF, Jan 10th, 2011)
17. Seven Up by Janet Evanovich (read Feb 2011)
18. Solace by Nicci French (read Jan 26th, 2011)
19. The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen (read Feb 3rd, 2011)
20. Agaat by Marlene van Niekerk (DNF)
21. De tranen der Acacia’s by W. F. Hermans (Dutch) (read Jan 14th, 2011)
22. Ballet Russes by Rosita Steenbeek (Dutch) (read Jan 25th, 2011)
23. Ik haal je op ik neem je mee by Niccolo Amaniti (Dutch) (read Feb 2011)
24. Het volgende verhaal by Cees Nooteboom (Dutch) (DNF, Feb 12th, 2011)
25. A Week in December by Sebastian Faulks
26. The Secret Diary of Alice in Wonderland Age 42 and Three-Quarters by Barbara Silkstone (ebook) (read March 2011)
27. Het ultieme recept by Torgny Lindgren (Dutch)
28. Gran Cafe Boulevard by Tomas Lieske (Dutch) (read in March)
29. The Lady and the Poet by Maeve Haran (read October 2011)
30. Your Presence Is Required at Suvanto by Maile Chapman (Read in APril, 2011)
31. Tikkop by Adriaan van Dis (Dutch, ebook) (read Feb 3rd, 2011)
READ SO FAR (September 10th): 29 books
Now, in my favor it must be said that none of these are older than a year, because at the beginning of 2010 I didn’t have that many books and generally I used to read all my books before I got new books. Now, it’s running out of hand, hence the challenge.
The levels you can choose from for this challenge are 5, 15, 30, 50, 75, over 75, over 125. I’m going for Making a Dint which means that I’m to read 30 books (or however there are on my unread pile by January 1st 2011).
If you’d like to join in too, sign up at Bookish Ardour now!
This challenge, together with the challenge that I host myself (the Book Bloggers Abroad 2011 Challenge) will be the main challenges that I’ll take part in. I will do some other challenges (post about these to follow), but for those I’ll read only a few books.
Wish me luck!