Joining the 2012 Ebook Challenge
November 12, 2011 22 Comments
I’m joining the 2012 Ebook Challenge. Yes, me. The one without an e-reader! Firstly, I need the challenge to finally dig into the ebooks that I do own, but haven’t read yet – it’s just not that handy on a laptop, so I tend to skip them. This is a good challenge to force me to read them. And secondly, I do expect to become the owner of an e-reader sometime in the near-ish future.
The challenge runs for the whole of next year and there are 7 levels, ranging from reading just 5 books to a whopping 150 books. I wonder how many people make it to 150!
I’m going to list the e-books that I own at the moment, and I will pledge to read all of them by the end of the year, allowing myself (as per usual) to give up on books that I’m still not into even after reading 75 pages.
ALL of the ebooks I own I got for free and most of those are Dutch, so at not much interest to most of you. But hey, it’s my challenge, and you can still cheer me on, even if they’re titles you’ve never heard of.
I’m going for 10 books, which is the CD level. If I don’t get an e-reader, that’s still almost one a month – more than enough!
- The Lens and the Looker by Lori S. Kaufman
- Life’s a Beach by Claire Cook
- Schrijvende vrouwen [Women Writers] by Jacqueline Bel and Thomas Vaessens
- De dag dat ik Johannes Klein doodreed [The Day I Ran Over Johannes Klein] by Elle van Rijn
- Ik was Amerika [I Was America] by Gustaaf Peek
- De weldoener [The Philanthropist] van P. F. Thomese
- I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
- Children of the Fog by Cheryl Kaye Tardif
- Chasing Clovers by Kat Flannery
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
Over 40 people have signed up for this challenge so far.
SO FAR= 3 books read (end of September 2012)
How about you?