March Blogger Events Around the Internet
March 3, 2012 16 Comments
March is a month to work on your blog and your health. Let’s take a look at some of the events that you, as a blogger (and in some cases without having a blog), can participate:
Bloggiesta is a blogathon that has been going for several years. This year, it’s all happening at the weekend of 30, 31 March & April 1st. It’s got a new host: Suey of It’s All About Books.
What can you expect to be doing that weekend? Well, work on your blog in any way that’s needed. Maybe you’re behind writing posts, maybe you were thinking of changing your background, backup your blog, make new blogging friends, learn some new things.
I’ve participated a few times and have found it very useful AND good fun. Sign up HERE.
Biannual Blogathon Bash
This blogathon is held next weekend, from March 9 8am EST to March 12 8am EST. It’s organised by Kathleen of Callista’s Ramblings.
The idea is basically the same as with Bloggiesta. Kathleen suggest you might want to move your blog over to WordPress, or review an item, start a new meme, clean up your labels/tags, whatever you feel you need to do to keep your blog up to date.
You can sign up HERE.
Change Write Now
Round Two is starting Sunday, March 11 (last sign-up date is Friday, March 9). The idea is to get healthier by keeping to some rules, some of which you make up yourself. You’ll work in teams (to be put together by the organisers) and teams earn points every day by eating healthy, sleeping enough, exercising, adopting a good habit and dropping a bad one, etc.
So, a team effort to become healthier. Each round lasts 66 days. Are you joining in? I think I will! Sign up HERE.
Going Au Natural in March
This is one for non-bloggers too! It’s for anyone that wants to eat healthy.
Trish of Love, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity will be spending March au natural with her husband. No, nothing naked, they’ll be eating unprocessed foods all month.
They won’t eat packaged foods or processed foods (other than dairy). They’ll be making their own bread but maybe not their pasta.
Sounds good? Join Trish (you can sign up anytime) HERE.
I may do this for one or two days, just to see what it’s like!
- Roof Beam Reader’s Magical March – sign up until March 4th (tomorrow) to join in and read Fantasy, Science Fiction and Magic during March. Sign up HERE.
- Expect the results of the Indie Lit Awards around Mid-March. As you know I was a judge for the Speculative Fiction genre and I’ve finished reading the short-list!
- The Review Copy Cleanup runs all of March: to sort out the review piles. (Thanks, Ellie, for this tip.)
- Diana Wynne Jones Month (Thanks to Kristen for pointing this out)
- Irish Short Story Week (March 12 – 22) (Mel U is inviting everyone to join in)
- And an April date for your agenda: Dewey’s 24 hour readathon is held on April 21st. This is a big event in book blogging world so be there and join in the reading! There are mini-challenges and prizes and it’s great fun.