Bloggiesta Is Coming!
January 15, 2011 179 Comments
Bloggiesta is a blog-management marathon to work on all those things that you’ve been planning to add or change to your blog and haven’t really found time to do.
For instance, I’m planning to add a Review Policy to my blog, think about a new name, write some posts ahead of schedule (for when I have no time). I also want to get my other blog (which is a book blog in Dutch) up to speed. And there are a thousand other things that would be useful to do.
Here’s a list of things you might want to work on (if you have a blog, that is) (these ideas come from Maw Books Blog who is running the event, sign up through the link):
- Write reviews.
- Write backup posts for a rainy day.
- Write that great post idea from three months back.
- Work on series posts.
- Write guest posts.
- Put out invitations for guest posts.
- Conduct and edit author interviews.
- Create template posts for your future reads (ie: title, images, linking, tags, etc,) so you can open up, write review and post without being bogged down with technicalities
- Clean up your tags, archives, books reviewed list, etc.
- Create a text file (or Google Doc) of cheat sheets (html codes, post url’s, etc)
- Improve your blog template, clean up sidebars, add a favicon, install those plugins that you’ve been meaning to do.
- Any bloggy type housekeeping that you’ve been neglecting.
- Clean up and update your challenge lists. Link up your posts with hosts.
- Make sure all of your social network profiles are up to date. Be consistent in those profiles with color scheme, images, etc.
- Go get a gravatar.
- Visit the Blogging Tips group on the Book Blogs Ning and find ways to improve your blog.
- Work on any specialized projects that you may have going.
- Clean out and organize your feed reader and blog subscriptions.
- Create an elevator pitch.
- Make business cards.
- Find a blogging buddy.
- Analyze and re-evaulate your blog.
- Back up your blog.
- Learn more about blogging, read great articles, get inspired.
- Make sure you have properly copyrighted your blog and know what to do when somebody reposts your material.
- Brainstorm blogging topics.
- Manage your feedreader.
- Help other bloggers, answer questions, share your expertise (let’s face it – this is the best part of Bloggiesta!)
- The sky’s the limit!
The idea is not that you spend 3 days without sleep working on your blog, but you should put some time and effort into it – make it a challenge to get as much as possible done!
Check out details and sign up at Maw Books Blog.
Will you be taking part?