Bloggiesta – Final Update (Sunday)
January 23, 2011 11 Comments
Bloggiesta is organised by Natasha from Maw Book Blog. Natasha says: “it’s a blogging marathon. A opportunity to cross those nagging items off of your to-do list and improve your blog while in the good company of other awesome bloggers doing the same thing. Our awesome mascot Pedro (Plan. Edit. Develop. Review. Organize) is ready to break out the nachos, enchiladas, drinks, mariachi music and whack a pinata or two! It’s nothing short of an awesome fiesta!”
Today I spent 6.5 hours on Bloggiesta. As I already had spent 14.5 hours on Friday and Saturday, my total amount of time spent on Bloggiesta is 21 hours. This is one hour more than I had planned.
Today and yesterday evening, I ticked off the following:
Small, quick items:
- About page: update (LW, BB): Done
- Make page for reading challenges (LW): Done – https://leeswammes.wordpress.com/challenges/
- Check how I can see how many RSS feeds I am subscribed to (RSS reader): De Bookkeeper knew this: in Google Reader, top right-settings, go to the subscriptions tab
- Check which RSS subscriptions can be deleted (RSS reader): Done. I deleted a total of 22 subscriptions.. I’ve got 43 left.
- Play around with WordPress themes and maybe get new one (LW): Made a shortlist of 4 themes, to be decided.
Items taking more time:
- Prepare button for literary giveaway bloghop (LW): Done. See below (although dates not certain yet!).
- Ask people by email to enter back of book covers (LW): Done
- Plan some Weekend Cooking posts (LW): Done, until March 6th.
- Have a look at all this SEO business: Done. I want to add blog to some directories still
Prepare posts for next week:
- Monday post (LW): Done (It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?)
- Review (East is East) (LW): Done, to be published on Saturday
On this post here, you can see the total of what I did over the 3 days. Please check it out. It’s my planning post, but it’s also the post where I kept track of everything I accomplished over the three days. I bet you’ll be surprised. I was, when I saw it all together!
Let me know what you think! Which of the things I didn’t do at Bloggiesta, should I do when I have the time?