UK & EU Summer Giveaway Blog Hop
August 1, 2011 52 Comments
The UK & EU Summer Hop is running from Monday, August 1st, to Monday, August 8th. Over 30 blogs are giving away book-related prizes.
Many giveaways exclude people from Europe (or anyone not in North-America) so this giveaway blog hop is for anyone who lives in Europe and likes to win a book or book-related prize.
What I am giving away
One winner will win a book of their choice from the selection below. As I will send out the book myself, anyone in Europe can enter, there are no restrictions, as long as you have a postal address.
The Blessings of the Animals by Katrina Kittle – Unread, paperback.
Veterinarian Cami Anderson has hit a rough patch. Stymied by her recent divorce, she wonders if there are secret ingredients to a happy, long-lasting marriage or if the entire institution is outdated and obsolete. […] But as she struggles to come to terms with her own doubts amid this chaotic circus of relationships, Cami finds strange comfort in an unexpeted confidant: an angry, unpredictable horse in her care. With the help of her equine soul mate, she begins to make sense of marriage’s great mysteries – and its disconnects. (contemporary fiction)
Among Others by Jo Walton – Gently read, beautiful hardback.
Startling, unusual, and irrisistibly readable, Among Others is at once the compelling story of a young woman struggling to escape a troubled childhood, a brilliant diary of first encounters with the great novels of modern fantasy and science fiction and a spellbinding tale of escape from ancient enchantment. My review is here (4 stars). (fantasy)
Malled by Caitlin Kelly – Gently read, hardback.
The author worked part-time at a retail store selling outdoor clothing. Having only been a customer until then, that was quite an eye-opener! My review is here (4 stars). There is also an author interview here. (non-fiction, retail)
First Frost by James Henry – Gently read, large-size proof copy
A new story about Inspector Frost, by a duo of authors, in which Inspector Frost is still youngish and dealing with some difficult cases (and a difficult boss). My review is here (3 stars). (mystery)
How to enter
- Anyone in Europe* can enter. You do not need to have a blog.
- I’m sending out the book myself so the only thing you need is a post-office recognised address where you can receive packages.
- You do not have to be a follower or become a follower, although if you like my blog I hope you will! You can follow by email or by RSS (see buttons in the side bar on the right).
- Leave a comment below with your choice of book.
- You can enter the giveaway until August 8th, 9am UK time.
- Note that double or invalid entries will be removed.
- I will notify the winner by email. The winner need to answer my email within 3 days, or I’ll announce a new winner.
- That’s it! Good luck and thanks for playing.
* For the purpose of this giveaway, Europe consists of: Albania, Andorra, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France (including Monaco and Corsica), Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Channel Islands, Croatia, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, the Netherlands, Norway, Ukraine, Poland, Portugal (including Azores and Madeira), Romania, Russia (including Asian part), San Marino, Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain (including Balearic Islands, excluding Canary Islands), Czech Republic, Turkey (including Asian part), Vatican City, United Kingdom, Belarus, Sweden, Switzerland.
And for the other blogs taking part…
Yes, there are over 30 blogs taking part. You can check them all out here:
List of participants
If that doesn’t work for you, just go to the main giveaway blog here.