Wishlist Challenge 2012 Sign Up
November 16, 2011 101 Comments
The Wishlist Challenge is a new challenge that I know I urgently need, and maybe you do, too.
There are several challenges that ask you to read books you already own, they are generally called TBR challenges. I need to do one of those too, because there are just too many books on my shelves and more arriving regularly.
But….. I also have a wishlist. This is a virtual pile of books, that I would like to own or at least read. I have a list on Shelfari (click on “Wishlist”) where I add books that other people recommend. I hardly ever get round to reading any of that list.
So here’s the wishlist challenge:
Read 12 books (one for every month of the year) that you would like to read, but don’t already have on your shelves.
1. The challenge runs from January 1st, 2012 to December 31st, 2012.
2. You are to read 12 books from your current wishlist. If you don’t have a list anywhere, write down books that you are eager to read, that you don’t own yet, and choose 12 books off that list.
3. If you can’t find a book that’s on your wishlist (your library doesn’t have it, or you don’t want/can’t buy it) then you can use another book. But: you are not allowed to include any NEWLY added books for this challenge. So, whatever your list is now, that’s it.
I.e. you can’t read amazing things about a book on someone else’s blog, decide you want to read it, then read it for the Wishlist Challenge. The opposite is true: you want to read something for the Wishlist Challenge, so you go to your wishlist, find a book that was on that wishlist before January 1st, 2012, and read it for the challenge.
4. You can overlap with other challenges, as long as you read books that were on your wishlist before January 1st, 2012.
5. Sign up here by leaving a comment with a link to your announcement post for this challenge. I will then add it to the linky list below.
6. When you’ve read your 12 books, come back here and leave a comment with a link to your final post about the challenge. Make sure you’ve done this by January 15th, 2013 (I know! How does that sound?)
Honor and glory will shine on everyone who finishes!
My own tentative list
If I can’t easily get hold of a book, I will substitute the book for another.
- The Solitude of Prime Numbers by Paolo Giordano
- The Girls by Lori Lansens
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck(Read in January)
- Bellwether by Connie Willis
- The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Solar by Ian McEwan
- Wild Child by T.C. Boyle
- The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa
The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery(Read in January)
- The Pajama Girls of Lambert Square by Rosina Lippi
- Six Degrees by Mark Lynas
Let’s work on that poor, much ignored wishlist and buy, borrow and be gifted those books that have been on your wishlist for a while!
Have fun with the challenge!