Weekend Cooking: Me and Food
November 20, 2011 38 Comments
Weekend Cooking is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, fabulous quotations, photographs. It is hosted by Beth Fish Reads.
1. What is your favourite non-alcholic drink?
Tea, the English way: strong with milk
2. What is your favourite alcoholic drink?
Baileys Irish Cream
3. What is your favourite food?
4. What is your least favourite food?
I’m not keen on goats cheese
5. What do you eat that others think is really weird?
Peanut butter and golden syrup sandwiches
6. What is your favourite thing to cook/bake?
I love making eggs florentine, the Linda McCartney way, which is an oven dish for dinner. My recipe is HERE.
7. If you could only chose one, would it be sweet or savoury?
8. What time do you usually eat your dinner during the week?
9. What kitchen item/s have you never owned?
A stand mixer! I only have a hand-held one. I have no surface space for a stand mixer but I’d love to have one.
10. What tip would you give to a newby cooker / baker?
Don’t leave food in the oven too long. I often overbake things.
11. What is the best vegetarian dish you have eaten?
I only eat vegetarian dishes so I guess I have to mention that Thai curry again.🙂
12. What is the easiest meal you can cook?
13. If you could only grow 3 herbs in your garden, what would you grow?
Basil, chives and parsley
14. What would you use as a substitute for salt?
15. What 5 items would you pack for a quick and easy picnic or day out?
Sandwiches, pasta salad, carrot cake, something chocolatey and cranberry juice
This was a fun questionnaire to do. I’d love to know your answers! If you fill it out, please let me know and link back to Mandy who started this questionnaire.