Joining the What’s in a Name Challenge
December 16, 2011 20 Comments
Beth Fish Reads is organising the What’s in a Name Challenge. I’ve seen this challenge around for two years now, and I want to join in! It sounds like a nice way to choose books.
I know I’m possibly entering too many challenges here. I’ve been seriously thinking about joining the following, but decided not to: the TBR challenge, the TBR Pile Reading Challenge, the Off the Shelf Challenge, the Ireland Reading Challenge, the Aussie Author Challenge or the Australian Women’s Writers Challenge. Maybe you like to join them?
So… one more then!
What’s in a Name asks participants to read books with a particular word category in the title. You’re required to read 6 books but they can overlap with other challenges:
- DONE – A book with a topographical feature (land formation) in the title: Life’s a BEACH by Claire Cook.
- DONE – A book with something you’d see in the sky in the title: The STARlite Drive-in by Marjorie Reynolds
- DONE – A book with a creepy crawly in the title: The Death of BEES by Lisa O’Donnell
- DONE – A book with a type of house in the title: The Round HOUSE by Louise Erdrich
- DONE – A book with something you’d carry in your pocket, purse, or backpack in the title: The Sealed Letter by Emma Donoghue
- DONE – A book with a something you’d find on a calendar in the title: The Rise and FALL of a Domestic Diva by Sarah May