Bloggiesta: Finish Line
April 1, 2012 24 Comments
Bloggiesta is organised by Suey from It’s All About Books and 1st Daughter of There’s A Book. Bloggiesta is an online event for (book) bloggers in which we are encouraged to spend the next three days working on our blog in any way we see necessary. We Plan, Edit, Develop, Review and Organise – no wonder our mascot is called PEDRO! Olé!
Bloggiesta has ended and I spent three days doing a lot of work on my blog. I changed my theme, as you can see (below is a picture of what it used to look like), I backed up my blog, I wrote 9 reviews/blog posts (not all of them from scratch, though), I created a page for the challenges that I’m doing, and so on.
I also spent a lot of time on other people’s blogs, seeing what they were up to and leaving comments, and I attended one Twitter chat, which was very enjoyable too.
The full list of what I did for Bloggiesta:
- DONE – Back-up blog (LW, BB). In WordPress, go to Dashboard, Tools, Export, choose All (first option).
- DONE – Send in my entry for Kimbofo’s Triple Tuesday feature (LW)
- DONE – Play around with WordPress themes and get new one (LW) This is what my old theme looked like:
- DONE – Update challenge posts (LW)
- DONE – Add links in reviews to reviews by same author (LW)
- DONE – Find books to offer on Bookmooch
- DONE – Do at least 5 mini-challenges / old mini-challenges (LW, BB) How to write reviews faster and I wrote a review in the process; Sidebar help, deleted some buttons and I put all my challenge buttons in a separate Challenge page; I signed up for a blog event (24h readathon); mobilize – here is the post that I wrote on my phone; I changed my facebook and other share buttons on my blog posts; comment on other people’s posts.
- DONE – Update Reviews page with links (LW, BB)
- DONE – Shelfari – Update reviews. I added 20 reviews to books – copied over from my blog. A lot of work but it’s done.
- DONE – New Arrivals (new books)
- 4 reviews from Indie Lit Awards – DONE: King, DONE: Cline, DONE: Ness, and (NOT DONE) Grossman
- DONE – The Finkler Question by Howard Jacobson
- DONE –The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman
- DONE – Every Last One by Anna Quindlen
- DONE – Half Brother by Kenneth Oppel
- DONE – A Tiny Bit Marvellous by Dawn French
What do you think of my new theme?
It’s pretty white now. Like it?