Giveaway: The Shoemaker’s Wife by Adriana Trigiani (WW)
August 21, 2012 54 Comments
To celebrate the paperback edition of The Shoemaker’s Wife, Harper Perennial is sponsoring a giveaway! I read this book a few months ago and enjoyed it a lot. So here’s YOUR chance to win a copy!
About the book:
The story takes place around 1900 with Enza and Ciro, two young people, living in nearby villages in Italy, who meet and start a fledgling romance. But Ciro is an orphan and is suddenly sent away to America to make his own living.
When Enza’s family falls on hard times, she is also forced to go and work in America. The two meet again in New York but only every now and then, and we follow their (separate) lives in the harsh city. Eventually they meet up again.
The story is based on the real-life stories of Trigiani’s grandparents.
How to enter:
- Required: tell me in the comments something that you like about Italy.
- Get another entry by tweeting about the giveaway (not mandatory). Paste the link in your comment (or in a new comment) – if you don’t know how to do that, make sure you use “@leeswammes” in your tweet and I’ll find it back (do mention in the comments that you tweeted).
- Maximum of 2 entries per person (one comment, one tweet).
- Anyone can enter, this giveaway is completely worldwide. The book will be sent out by the publishers.
- You do not have to be a follower of this blog, but don’t let me stop you pressing the RSS or Email button!
- I reserve the right to remove double entries or entries where foul play is suspected.
- The giveaway will close on Tuesday 28th August (as soon as I open my laptop in the morning).
- The winner will be chosen randomly.
- I will notify the winner by email. The winner has 3 days to get back to me with their mailing address or I’ll choose a new winner.
- Good luck!