September Book Blogger Events Around the Internet
September 5, 2012 28 Comments
September is a month to work on your blog and to read scary books. Let’s take a look at some of the events that you, as a blogger (and in some cases without having a blog), can participate. I have participated in all these events in previous years and plan to sign up again!
Bloggiesta is a blogathon that has been going for several years. This year, it’s all happening at the last weekend of this month: 28 to 30 September. Our hosts are Suey of It’s All About Books and the 1st daughter from There’s a book.
What can you expect to be doing that weekend? Well, work on your blog in any way that’s needed. Maybe you’re behind with writing posts, maybe you were thinking of changing your background, backup your blog, make new blogging friends, learn some new things.
I’ve participated a few times and have found it very useful AND good fun. Sign up HERE.
Book Blogger Appreciation Week
This is an event in which the hard work of book bloggers is celebrated with guest posts, awards, giveaways, and community activities. It’s a great event to get to know new book bloggers and feel the community spirit. It takes place next week, from 10-14 September.
You can sign up HERE. (Click on Registration is now open.)
Blogfest is a blog hop in which a large number of blogs give away prizes. These can be books or other items. The fun thing is that one participant will win a grand prize and that there will be a website where you can track which blogs you’ve visited.
It takes place in the same weekend as Bloggiesta: 28 to 30 September. Sign up HERE.
R.I.P. Stands for Readers Imbibing Peril and is a challenge about reading scary books including thrillers, horror, supernatural, and similar genres.
You can read 1-4 (or more) books, watch scary movies, and even participate in a group read or two. The event takes place in te next 2 months, September and October. I haven’t signed up yet, but I’m planning to, and it’s not too late, if you want to join in.
Sign up HERE.
Other events in September and October
- The Literary Giveaway Blog Hop takes place in October. It’s a giveaway hop with classics, modern literary fiction, well-written thrillers and SF, non-fiction and poetry. If you want to join in, sign up to my blog so you won’t miss the announcement post later this month.
- The Harry Potter Readalong takes place from September 1st to December 15th.
- Banned Book Week is Sept 30 – October 6. Sheila (Bookjourney) is looking for host blogs to celebrate with her.
- And Oct 13th is the 24 Hour Readathon – need an excuse to read all day? Join in!
- Adam the Roof Beam Reader is organising The Literary Others: An LGBT Reading Event! about books with gay characters. This event takes place the whole month of October. Join in and read something different.
- Aarti of Booklust runs the A More Diverse Universe Blog Tour, celebrating people of color speculative fiction authors. This runs 23-30 September.
- Yours… (Let me know)