Joining the TBR Pile Challenge 2013
December 12, 2012 36 Comments
The TBR Pile Challenge 2013 is organised by Adam of Roof Beam Reader. The idea behind this challenge is that you read older books on your shelves, books that have been there for longer than a year. They deserve to be read, too!
The Goal: To finally read 12 books from your “to be read” pile (within 12 months).
Never before have I had books on my to-be-read shelves for longer than a year, but now, I’m sorry to say, I have. I read most of the books that I got before Janruary 2012, but not all.
So here’s my TBR Pile Challenge list:
1. The Double by José Saramago
2. Star of the Sea by Joseph O’Connor (read in January)
3. The Lens and the Looker by Lory S. Kaufman
4. Ik was Amerika [I was America] by Gustaaf Peek (read in February)
5. Wolf Totem by Jiang Rong
6. The Major of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy
7. Tulipomania by Mike Dash
8. Een nacht om te vliegeren [A Night to Fly Kites] by Renate Dorrestein
9. Een stil vertrek [A Quiet Departure] by Annette Zeelenberg
10. De dag waarop ik Johannes Klein doodreed [The Day I Killed Johannes Klein] by Elle van Rijn
11. The River by Tricia Wastvedt – AS I DNF THIS, I need to substitute an alternate!
12. Schrijvende vrouwen [Women Writers]
1. Dubbele stilte [Double Silence] by Mari Jungstedt
2. Echo City by Tim Lebbon
How long has the oldest book on your TBR been sitting there?
Planning to read it soon?