Mini-Bloggiesta: Starting & Finishing Line #bloggiesta
July 20, 2013 9 Comments
Bloggiesta is organised by Suey from It’s All About Books and 1st Daughter of There’s A Book. Bloggiesta is an online event for (book) bloggers in which we are encouraged to spend the weekend working on our blog in any way we see necessary. We Plan, Edit, Develop, Review and Organise – no wonder our mascot is called PEDRO! Olé!
Hurray! This event is a mini-Bloggiesta, in which we do a bit of work on our blogs in between the Big Bloggiesta events (the next one is Sept 20-22, 2013).
I’ve got two book blogs and a business blog. I’m planning to do some work on each: Leeswammes (LW) – which is my English-language Book blog, De Boekblogger (BB) – which is my Dutch-language book blog, and Book Helpline (BH), which is my editing services blog. Actually, I use Bloggiesta to work on anything related to books, reading, and reviewing, so some of the things I’ll be doing this weekend are not directly related to the blogs.
Here’s what’s in the planning…. and everything in Italics is DONE!!
- Back-up blog (LW, BB). In WordPress, go to Dashboard, Tools, Export, choose All (first option). **** DONE!!
- Add links in reviews, to reviews by same author (LW, BB) **** DONE!!
- Shelfari – update books that I have finished **** DONE!!
- Check out the mini-challenges on offer and do one or two
- Update Reviews page with links (LW, BB) **** DONE!!
- Make a list with dates for the next RL book group meetings
- Did not Finish post (BB) DONE!!
- Post for business blog (BH)
- A review for a book I read a while ago (BB)
- A review for a book I read a while ago (LW)
Part of the fun of Bloggiesta is connecting with other bloggers so I expect to spend some amount of time tweeting (#bloggiesta) and reading other people’s posts and commenting.
Good luck to everybody who is taking part. If you’re on Twitter, use the hashtag #bloggiesta to keep in touch with other participants. I am @leeswammes.
Could your blog use some extra work?