Giveaway: Lost & Found by Tom Winter
August 15, 2013 41 Comments
Earlier this year, I read and reviewed this book and gave it 5 stars. It was a feel-good book but with some heavy themes.
It’s about two people who don’t know each other at all: Carol, who is bored with her life, and sends letters to “the universe” to write about her situation. Albert is an elderly postman, who deals with the undeliverable letters, amongst which Carol’s. He starts reading them and looks forward to each next letter.
My review is HERE.
Publisher description: “It’s hard for Carol to admit her failings. Unhappy in her marriage and with a teenage daughter who will barely converse with her, she feels trapped. So she puts pen to paper; well, it seems less daunting than airing her thoughts aloud. She isn’t expecting anyone to read her letters, so she doesn’t address them. Instead, she marks them with a smiley face and pops them in the post box.
Albert’s retirement day at Royal Mail looms and he’s given one final task; organise the ‘lost letters’ that have been piling up in a room behind the sorting machine. Amongst the letters addressed to Santa, he arrives at one with a smiley face drawn in place of an address. Albert opens the letter, unaware that in doing so his world would never be the same again.”
Constable & Robinson, the UK publishers, are offering a free paperback copy to one reader of Leeswammes’ Blog to celebrate the paperback release today (August 15th). The giveaway is world-wide.
How to win:
- Anyone can enter. You do not need to have a blog and the giveaway is international.
- Leave a comment to say that you want to enter. Fill out your email address where it asks you to. This will not be shown in your published comment.
- For an extra entry, tweet about this giveaway and leave your tweet link (or your twitter handle) in the comments.
- You do not have to be a follower or become a follower, although if you like my blog I hope you will! You can follow by email or by RSS (see buttons in the side bar on the right).
- You can enter the giveaway until and including Thursday, August 22nd.
- I will notify the winner by email. The winner needs to answer my email within 3 days, or I’ll announce a new winner.