Mini-Bloggiesta: Starting & Finishing Line #bloggiesta
January 24, 2014 19 Comments
Bloggiesta is an online event for (book) bloggers in which we are encouraged to spend the weekend working on our blog in any way we see necessary. We Plan, Edit, Develop, Review and Organise – no wonder our mascot is called PEDRO! Olé!
Hurray! This event is a mini-Bloggiesta, in which we do a bit of work on our blogs in between the Big Bloggiesta events (the next one is March 28-30, 2014).
I’ve got two book blogs. I’m planning to do some work on each: Leeswammes (LW) – which is my English-language Book blog and De Boekblogger (BB) – which is my Dutch-language book blog. Actually, I use Bloggiesta to work on anything related to books, reading, and reviewing, so some of the things I’ll be doing this weekend are not directly related to the blogs.
Here’s what’s in the planning…. and everything in Italics is DONE!!
- Back-up blog (LW, BB). In WordPress, go to Dashboard, Tools, Export, choose All (first option). ****DONE
- Update Review Page (LW, BB). ****DONE
- Add links in reviews, to reviews by same author (LW, BB) ****DONE
- Shelfari – update books that I have finished ****DONE
- Add reviews to Amazon, etc. and let publishers know ****DONE
- Check out the mini-challenges on offer and do one or two: Facing Your Edelweiss Fears
- Make a posting schedule with dates for the blog posts ****DONE
- Update the Dystopia book list (LW)
- Update challenges pages (BB) ****DONE
- Check all links work in Literary Giveaway Blog Hop post ****DONE
- Bloghop blog post ****DONE
- Bloghop email ****DONE
- Bloghop winners post
- New Books (BB)
- New Books (LW) ****DONE
- It’s Monday (coming Monday) ****DONE
- Review Shovel Ready
- Review Buzz ****DONE
- Gorman short story post
- Giveaway (BB)
- Winner of Giveaway (BB)
- Ditjes & Datjes (BB)
Part of the fun of Bloggiesta is connecting with other bloggers so I expect to spend some amount of time tweeting (#bloggiesta) and reading other people’s posts and commenting.
Good luck to everybody who is taking part. If you’re on Twitter, use the hashtag #bloggiesta to keep in touch with other participants. I am @leeswammes.
Could your blog use some extra work?