The 24-Hour Read-a-thon! #readathon
October 22, 2016 12 Comments
It’s almost time to start the 24 Hour Read-a-thon! Many book bloggers and other book lovers all over the world will be reading as much as they can within 24 hours. Some will read 6 hours, some will try and read the full 24 hours.
Everyone starts at the same time, 12 GMT, which is 2pm for me here in the Netherlands. I do need my sleep, but I will try and read for 16-18 hours. That is, I’ll be reading, checking other participants’ blog, tweet and Facebook about the event, eat dinner, breakfast, and lunch (in that order), sleep (for 6-8 hours), tell my sons to get off the computer, answer inquiries from potential clients (I run a book editing company), and go for a walk.
This is what I’ll be reading from:
Frank Derrick’s Holiday of A Lifetime by J.B. Morrison
The Bookshop by Penelope Fitzgerald (finished)
The Secret Billionaire by Teymour Shahabi
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I’m reading from the Netherlands in Europe
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I’m especially looking forward to The Secret Billionaire. It’s written by one of our book editing clients, but I haven’t had the chance to read the final version in its entirety.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I’ve got some honey-coated dry-roasted peanuts. I’m slightly “allergic” to honey (it gives me stomach aches) but a few handfulls should be fine.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! Ask me why I call myself Leeswammes. No, I’m not Lee; I’m Judith!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? More social media. I actually read quite a bit last time but it felt rather lonely.
After 6 hours, I finished the first book (phew!)
The Bookshop by Penelope Fitzgerald (177 pages). Nice, if sad, story about small-town England in the 1950s.
I finished three books in total
The additional two are:
Frank Derrick’s Holiday of A Lifetime by J.B. Morrison (304 pages)
The Secret Billionaire by Teymour Shahabi (385 pages)
Do you participate? What are you reading?
Please leave a link to your starting post so I can easily find you.