October 6, 2010 22 Comments
In the last few weeks my blog received three awards! It’s so nice when people think of me and my blog when handing out awards! It boosts my blog’s self-esteem a lot!
So, here they are:
One lovely blog award
The rules for accepting this award are:
1. Accept the award. Post it on your blog with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
Now, 15 is a bit much! I’ll pass this on to three other deserving bloggers:
- Suzanne from Bibliosue whom I’ve been following for quite some time now. I love the books she reads and reviews!
- Sabrina from Thinking About Loud. I like her blog and especially her recent series about her visit to London.
- Chris from Chrisbookarama. I’ve only recently discovered her blog, and I love the Princess Bride read-a-long that she’s organised.
Cherry on Top Award
From Sabrina at Thinking About Loud, I received the Cherry on Top award.
1. Answer this question: If you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you, and what would it be?
That is a very difficult question. I think: nothing! Honestly, I can’t think of one thing that I would have done differently, if I had the chance. I probably would do some things differently, just because I’m a slightly different person now than I was when I was younger. But there isn’t anything that I would like to change, looking back.
2. The second thing you have to do is, pick 6 people and give them this award. You then have to inform the person that they have gotten this award.
Again, I will stick to three:
- Jennifer of Reading with Tequila. I like all the special features she has going, like choosing her next book to read, or guessing who recommended a particular book. It’s one of the few blogs that I like to read even though we don’t have many books in common.
- Carin B. from A Little Bookish, for her Book Read Round the World feature and her very well attended Friday Coffee Chat.
- Amanda from Desert Book Chick. I just like reading her blog. More or less every single post!
3. The third and final thing is: thank the person who gave you the award.
Thanks, Sabrina, for this lovely award!
Versatile Blogger Award
Thank you Weekend Reader of Too Many Books, Too Little Time, for the Versatile Blogger award.
Here are the rules for the award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
Seven things? Hmm, here we go:
- I recently joined Bookmooch, and I’m loving it! I’ve sent off several books that I didn’t want anymore but that I liked someone else to have, and got some back. If you want to friend me, I’m “boekblogger” on Bookmooch.
- Even I am a bit intimidated by the length of The Passage (almost 1,000 pages). Fat tomes usually don’t throw me at all, but this one… It’s good, so far, though.
- I have a constant fight with our garden. It’s too messy! I’ve vowed to fill (to the brim!) a large bin (we call it Kliko) every two weeks with cuttings, branches and weeds. If it’s ruins my garden, I don’t care. It’s too much of a jungle at the moment.
- I hardly ever play computer games lately. I used to play a lot of games on facebook but I’m totally finished with that. Other games (on Xbox etc.) I leave to the boys of the family.
- I don’t like eating sandwiches for lunch much. Although that is the standard thing to eat here in the Netherlands, when I’m at home, I often cook something simple instead, just for me.
- I’m doing a giveaway this weekend! Yay!
- One of my favorite foods is crackers with spicy cream cheese (we have a type of cream cheese that has sambal in which I love).
- I’m addicted to Cup-a-Soup mustard soup. I eat it at least once a day. My family hate the smell. But do I care!
I think you can tell it’s lunch time, from my answers!
3. Pass the award on to 10 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic.
Aw, I think I won’t. I have just awarded some other awards (see above) and I think it’s enough.
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award.
Thanks, everyone who awarded me. I always feel honored to get an award. And if you haven’t noticed, I put the award buttons on my side bar, towards the bottom you can see them.