It’s my blogoversary! Leeswammes’ Blog has been going strong for 3 years. I have been having such fun with book blogging. I’ve met a lot of people, online but also in real life. I’ve been to bookish events, reviewed lots of books I might not have got my hands on if I weren’t a blogger. All perks!
The downside? It costs time. I have spent a lot of time on my blogs and it’s a great hobby to have. Sometimes I take it a little too seriously and insist (on myself) to publish a post every day/ every other day / four times a week, whatever. But with over 850 followers, how can I not?
Some stats: I’ve posted over 1,100 blog posts, and had 225,000 hits in those 3 years.
My favorite post of all times was one that I published quite early on in my first year: Dystopia for Adults – A Reading List. I’ve been planning to extend the list and you can help! Read the post and suggest a book that’s not on the list – as an extra entry to the giveaway. Yes, there is a giveaway!
What am I giving away? A book, up to €15/$20/£13, from the Book Depository. But not just any book! Choose a book that I have reviewed and that I gave 4 or more stars to. You can see my earlier reviews (2010/2011) HERE and the more recent ones HERE. I haven’t updated the latter list in the last few weeks, so if you find a recent review that fulfils the star criteria, that’s fine, too.
Anyone can enter, even if you have no dystopia book suggestions. Read the rules below and enter in the comments.
How to win:
- Anyone can enter. You do not need to have a blog and the giveaway is international as long as The Book Depository delivers to your country.
- Leave a comment with your chosen book as outlined above. Fill out your email address where it asks you to. This will not be shown in your published comment.
- For an extra entry, tweet about this giveaway and leave your tweet link (or your twitter handle) in the comments.
- For two extra entries, mention in your comment the title and author of a dystopian book for adults, that is a) not on my list already, and b) not mentioned by any of the other commenters.
- You can earn a total of 4 entries: one free entry, one for tweeting and two for adding to the dystopia list.
- You do not have to be a follower or become a follower, although if you like my blog I hope you will! You can follow by email or by RSS (see buttons in the side bar on the right).
- You can enter the giveaway until Monday, 22 April 2013.
- I will notify the winner by email. The winner needs to answer my email within 3 days, or I’ll announce a new winner.
- Also read the small print below, please.
Void where prohibited by law. Leeswammes’ Blog or its owners cannot be held responsible for damaged or lost goods or for situations beyond our control. Entrants may be disqualified if they do not follow the rules or if cheating is suspected.