The Literary Giveaway Blog Hop Starts Here!
October 27, 2012 31 Comments
This post is a sticky and will stay on top of the page while the Blog Hop is going on.
Scroll down for my newer posts.
Welcome to the Literary Giveaway Blog Hop!
The Literary Giveaway Blog Hop is hosted by me, Leeswammes. Between now and Wednesday, October 31st, you can hop to 50 different book blogs, all offering one or more giveaways of books or bookish items. All books will be literary (non)fiction or something close to that. Follow the links at the bottom of this post to find the other participating blogs.
My Giveaways (4 winners)
Giveaway 1 – The Death of Bees by Lisa O’Donnell (world-wide)
You can win one of three advance copies (ARCs) of The Death of Bees. They are generously offered to world-wide entrants by the writer, Lisa O’Donnell, who will sign them too!
Lisa O’Donnell is from the UK and The Death of Bees is her first book. It’s already out in the UK, and will be published in the USA in January by Harper. And it’s going to be in the Barnes & Noble Spring 2013 Discover Great New Writers Program!
So, this is your chance to get an advance copy of the book before everybody is reading it.
I loved reading this book and my review is HERE.
“Hazlehurst housing estate, Glasgow, Christmas Eve 2010. Fifteen-year-old Marnie and her little sister Nelly have just finished burying their parents in the back garden. Only Marnie and Nelly know how they got there. Lennie, the old guy next door, has taken a sudden interest in his two young neighbours and is keeping a close eye on them. He soon realises that the girls are all alone, and need his help — or does he need theirs?
As the year ends and another begins, the sisters’ friends, their neighbours, and the authorities — not to mention the local drug dealer, who’s been sniffing around for their father — gradually start to ask questions. And as one lie leads to another, darker secrets about Marnie’s family come to light, making things even more complicated.”
Giveaway 2 – Mrs Queen Takes the Train by William Kuhn (USA only)
I’m very pleased that Harper publishers are sponsoring the giveaway of a hardback copy of Mrs Queen Takes the Train! This is such a fun book. My review is HERE.
This is William Kuhn’s first novel, although he has written several other non-fiction books, biographies.
“After decades of service and years of watching her family’s troubles splashed across the tabloids, Britain’s Queen is beginning to feel her age. She needs some proper cheering up. An unexpected opportunity offers her relief: an impromptu visit to a place that holds happy memories—the former royal yacht, Britannia, now moored near Edinburgh.
Hidden beneath a skull-emblazoned hoodie, the limber Elizabeth (thank goodness for yoga) walks out of Buckingham Palace into the freedom of a rainy London day and heads for King’s Cross to catch a train to Scotland. But a characterful cast of royal attendants has discovered her missing. In uneasy alliance a lady-in-waiting, a butler, an equerry, a girl from the stables, a dresser, and a clerk from the shop that supplies Her Majesty’s cheese set out to find her and bring her back before her absence becomes a national scandal.”
To enter, please read the rules and then fill in the form below.
- Anyone can enter. You do not need to have a blog.
- You do not have to be a follower of my blog or become a follower, although if you like my blog I hope you will! You can follow by email or by RSS (see buttons in the side bar on the right).
- There will be four winners. Three will each receive a signed ARC of The Death of Bees (world-wide entrants), one will win a copy of Mrs Queen Takes the Train (US entrant).
- You need a post-office recognised address where you can receive packages.
- Fill out the form below. You can enter the giveaway until Wednesday October 31st. I will close the giveaway when I turn on my computer on November 1st (Netherlands time).
- Note that double or invalid entries will be removed.
- I will notify the winners by email. The winners need to answer my email within 3 days, or I’ll announce a new winner. Neither the sponsors or me can be held responsible for lost packages.
- That’s it! Good luck and thanks for playing.
Fill out the FORM HERE to enter.
The giveaway is now closed.
Now start blog hopping!
For more giveaways (and there are some real treasures out there for grabs) check out these blogs.
Giveaways are worldwide, meaning people from most or all countries of the world can enter, unless mentioned otherwise.